Thursday, August 3, 2023

Thankful Thursday

I'm sitting here on a rainy Thursday evening, relaxing a little bit before bed and thinking about all the things I have to look forward to this weekend. There is much to be thankful for and since it is Thankful Thursday I have a list to share.

I am thankful...

** for the rain that brings comfortable temperatures and keeps everything growing and looking so fresh and beautiful.

** my mom is starting to look and sound stronger after being on antibiotics for a week. She is still somehow "less" than she was before getting infected with Lyme disease, but she is improving.

** Tim and I are both able to take tomorrow off to spend the weekend in Erie.

** that Colton and Leah are going with us.

** the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

** I'm going to see my father and my sister and one of my brothers again...also that I'll get to meet my father's remaining sibling and a whole tribe of cousins for the first time.

** that a dear pastor and friend whose wisdom meant a lot to me when I first came to my current church is now at home with Jesus, released from a long health battle to the joy of heaven.

** my Daisy is safe for the weekend with my mom and stepdad. She won't really be happy anywhere that isn't with me, but she will be happier there than at our daughter's with another dog and 4 cats. She might even have the thrill of seeing some deer or turkeys or other wildlife to bark at up on the ridge.

** someone called off on Tuesday and I didn't have to work in the shredding department. My knee is not good as it is. It would have been worse had I had to be on my feet all day in the document destruction department.

** there is a Shoefly store where we are going so I can browse for a new pair of sneakers. Shoefly specializes in shoes for people with feet issues and they will help you find the best fit for your problems. As much as my shoes cost, I like trying them on before I buy them...even if it means they cost a little more than I could find them for on Amazon.

** we're going to be able to hook up with some of Tim's family while we are away, too. I have cousins in Erie, as well, but we'll have to pass on seeing them this time.

That's all for tonight. I need to shut things down and head to bed. I have things sort of ready to go, but have to throw everything in the suitcase in the morning. Catch you all Sunday or Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear your Mom is improving. Illness can knock you for a loop sometimes. I hope you have a lovely trip to Erie. I like to try shoes on before I buy also. I have never heard of Shoefly.. sounds great I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels and blessings on this weekend!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...