Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Having just spent the evening at the ER with our daughter, I have a few things to be thankful for. 

First, I am thankful that the nausea and pain she was experiencing was a reaction to a new medication. Unfortunately, it's a once a week injection so while she isn't in any danger, she is going to be miserable for a couple of days until it is out of her system.

Second, I am thankful for the kind and efficient manner of the ER staff. Our local hospital was recently taken over by another health care provider and it seems that perhaps it has improved the quality of care.

Beyond tonight's adventure, this week I am thankful...

** I am finally feeling 100% recovered from the past weekend's illness.

** My mom continues to feel better after two weeks of antibiotics for Lyme disease.

** A good week at work and the relationships that continue to grow with the clients. (One young man, in particular, has grown close. Last week he caught himself just as he was about to call me "mom." A little later he asked me if I was going to be his girl...a question he continues to ask me. It's sweet, really. He is autistic and doesn't make close connections outside of family for the most part. When he came to us he hated being touched. Now he likes hugs (and not just from me) and he often wants to hold my hand when we are walking or playing a game or whatever. It's just his way of showing I mean something to him and that he trusts me. I am a soft spot for many of them. They know when they need a hug they can always get it from me.)

** Once the rain ended, today was an absolutely perfect summer day and tomorrow promises to be the same.

** Since learning I can wear my Vionic flip flops when working in the adult training facility my feet are feeling pretty good most days and my ankle has finally heeled.

** My husband was wonderful last weekend and this week while I wasn't feeling well. He took care of me, didn't fuss about me being too wiped out after work to cook, and biggest of all (and waaaay out of his comfort zone), he took on both grandchildren when I was sick at the hotel. It might not have been exactly the way I or their mother would have done it, but they managed to have some fun and enjoyed being with their pappy.

** for all of you, just as I always am. I hope you are having a wonderful week filled with all God's blessings!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. I am so sorry you couldn't go to the family reunion, but I am glad to hear that your husband was so helpful and supportive and that you still got to go to the beach and spend some quality time with your grandchildren. It's good that you daughter got good care at the ER and found out that her symptoms are nothing serious. It's also good that things are going well at your job. I hope you have a good and relaxing weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you, your daughter and mom are all doing better. I hope you get to see your dad soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apologies for being "late" to the post! I go to bed early these days. And so sorry daughter is having problems. I pray she heals from whatever ails her soon.
    That Lyme disease must be awful. Y'all be careful.
    Your Hubby is a treasure like mine is. That brings a smile of joy to my face. So happy things went better than expected.
    These Vionics are great, aren't they?! I wear them too. They feel so comfy.
    Hope you're 100% now and all the family are well too.
    Blessings From Steamy Georgia. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news and so much to be thankful for!! Your post made my heart happy for you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...