Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Currently...

...I am sitting with my feet up, trying to ignore how much they hurt following a long day in shredding, and contemplating combining "Currently" and "10 on Tuesday."

...The weather is wet. It is 63 degrees and raining. Tonight will see the temperature dip into the upper 40s! Tomorrow's high will be 70 degrees.

...I'm (still) reading Eliza Starts a Rumor. The last few days haven't been good for reading. I need to at least begin reading Conversational Evangelism before my small group from church starts back up Thursday.

Our daughter is still suffering the lingering effects of that bad reaction to a medication. I spent half of Saturday sitting at the ER with her and she was back there again yesterday. She struggles with IBS as it is. The opinion is the medication tipped her system over the edge and she is now terribly constipated. Waste is backed up into her small intestine at this point. There is no blockage that they can see. Saturday's visit resulted in her being given a colonoscopy prep to take at home...which she has done to no avail. Yesterday's trip got her another prescription to be drank over the course of 10 days along with daily doses of Miralax. So far nothing has changed.

...I'm watching a lot different things on FOX Nation. At the moment, a documentary about Oppenheimer. Over the last few days, a series called Into the Wild Frontier: The 1700s. I've learned a lot about the men who explored and tamed the west, many of whom I've never heard of before.

...I'm listening to whatever the folks I work with request I play.

...I'm loving the cool rainy weather and shorter days. I'm a fall junkie!

...I'm looking forward to driving north to visit my biological father and his wife on Saturday. Tim isn't going to work so he can go with me.

...I'm feeling tired and achy. It was a hard day at work.

...I'm not celebrating anything right now, but next week we will have an end of summer party at work.

...I'm grateful for awesome coworkers who helped me out today with several difficult situations with my clients.

Now, ten wild animals that fascinate me (thanks Kwizgiver):

1. Hippos. I don't know why, they just fascinate me and I've yet to lay eyes on one in a zoo. Any zoo I've been to that had one was before the current zoo trend of constructing water holes so you can see what's going on inside and underneath the surface...so the hippo was ALWAYS underwater. 

2. Really big snakes like Pythons and Anacondas...even though I am absolutely terrified of them.

3. Kangaroos. Our local zoos have small types that you can pet. I could stand there with them all day.

4. Alligators and crocodiles. Living dinosaurs. How can you not be fascinated by them?

5. Kookaburras. I knew them from the old song, but for some reason they were my favorite at the aviary.

6. Moose. Seeing one in the wild is #1 on my bucket list.

7. Platypuses...platypi? It's like a beaver and a duck had a baby and it's soooo cute!

8. Squirrels. I love watching them play in the trees in our neighborhood and it cracks me up how terrible they actually are about remembering where they buried their nuts in the fall.

9. Giraffes. There's a zoo near us where you can feed one. I haven't made it there yet, but I will one day.

10. Camels. I've always been fascinated with the Middle East and camels just go along with that.

And finally, I'm giggling at:







 









3 comments:

  1. I sure enjoyed my visit here today!! AND, you left me giggling!! Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. I sure hope your daughter gets some relief! I love your funnies at the end! They always make me smile (and yes I DO remember Captain Kangaroo and yes my joints do hurt!) I hope you have a nice visit with your birth father. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...