Saturday, September 9, 2023

Saturday 9: Cheeseburger in Paradise

Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

From the archives; Repeated in memory of Jimmy Buffett, who died on September 1.

1) In this song, Jimmy Buffett briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?  I take several vitamins, but I don't pay any great attention to to fiber and such. I just try to make fairly heathy choices.

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?  I'm a dipper. I don't like my fries soggy.

3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?  Any of those except blue or Muenster.
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?  Probably shorts and a t-shirt or if it's later, my pj's.
 
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?  Maybe about a 6...maybe.

6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?  Toby Keith. He's always been a favorite and he hung out with Jimmy. 

7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?  It's not a major holiday, but it is the same day as the Catholic Feast of the Assumption.

8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?  A can of Diet Coke.

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Virgo. When did you last check your horoscope?  I never check my horoscope.

Thanks Sam for the music and questions.

Play along here.

10 comments:

  1. You don't like Muenster? I love Muenster, lol. I hope you have a great day Stacy. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. No bleu cheese for me either. Yuck! How do people eat that stuff? LOL. I hope you have a wonderful cool and peaceful weekend. Is it starting to look like fall yet in PA? Enjoy it for us Floridians. LOL. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you're still in shorts! I've had to scramble to find my denim jacket. We went from stifling heat to 65º so fast here in Chicagoland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is cooling off in Missouri, at least for a few days. I don't trust the weather here. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still warm here on Long Island, I want autumn weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've had a heat wave in Maine--my classroom was above 84 degrees all week. (add up to 22 teenage bodies for a real treat!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't eat Muenster or any crumbly cheese. I'm highly allergic. Last time I had some I almost passed away. Literally. Having trouble with whole milk too, which is a bummer. I'm a big fan of most any dairy, but, there it is. *grin*
    Hubby and I are big fans of Jimmy Buffet songs but not his politics, obviously. I don't think he believed in Jesus judging by his "fruits of the spirit".
    It's in the 80's in SE Georgia, so, we're still in shorts. It's getting cooler though. Very nice.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fun Saturday 9. I like bleu cheese in things but not a lot of it on a sandwich. I do like muenster cheese... most cheese. Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 6! You must be ready to clean the house at a 6!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...