Monday, September 25, 2023

Currently

...I'm sitting here in the recliner feeling rather sleepy. It's 9:45 pm and the day is winding down so it's okay. I had a good day and I'm not dreading Tuesday for a change. I'm staying in the Adult Training Facility tomorrow rather than going to the workshop. My boss's boss said I'm supposed to train the new woman on working one on one with a specific client. My boss said that's ridiculous (because the client is not a hard one) and assigned me a group. We'll see what happens. I don't really care since I won't be suffering my usual Tuesday pain.  

...Watching one of those ASPCA commercials. Is there anything more awful than all those abused and neglected animals staring at the camera with their sad eyes? Ugh!

...Excited for my small group on Thursday. We are reading and discussing Conversational Evangelism and last week we ended our time together by praying for open doors during the next week. Nearly the first thing Friday morning I had an open door, a chance to begin a discussion meant to be a first step in moving someone closer to Jesus. It was a complete surprise.

One of my usual clients (not the one I've been mentioning lately) was upset about something that had happened at home that morning. This client is in his 50's, autistic, and very, very attuned to injustice, inequality, violence, meanness, etc. No one really knows his exact background, though abuse and trauma is suspected. 

During the past year he has become attached to me and often just randomly starts talking to me about things out of the blue. These conversations leave me with no doubt his past contains trauma and abuse, though he always says the things he tells me about happened to a friend. He spends his days drawing pages and pages of his "friends" and talking about situations. It is how he processes things. One has to be very careful in conversations with him because the smallest word or even a tone of voice can trigger him.

So...it was a bit surprising when he started to cry last Friday and tell me about what happened at home that morning. It was even more surprising when he made the leap out of the blue (at least to my mind) to OJ Simpson and whether or not he would be going to heaven. To make a long story short, I had a rather long discussion with him about heaven and hell and who goes where. As I said, I have to be careful with him and also explain things in rather simple terms. Still, it was a good talk and he asked a lot of questions. I didn't push too far and didn't get into Jesus. That will come eventually.

...Some bug (or maybe it's many) are sweeping this area right now. So many at work are sick and here at home, our daughter was told today that she probably has pneumonia. She was prescribed a Z-pack. If she isn't feeling better in a few days she will have to go for a chest x-ray. Tim hasn't had the congestion but he has been miserable, "aching in every part of his body" which is a complaint I've heard from a couple of people at work. It hasn't stopped him (or them) from going to work, though.

...Circulating all the winter chemicals through the pool tonight. We're covering it tomorrow night. Tim finally just drained it, scrubbed it, and refilled it to get rid of the algae. $400 worth of chemicals couldn't kill it. I'm hoping it doesn't find a way to grow in the yard where we dumped the green sludge we Shop Vacc'ed out of the bottom. It was ridiculous stuff!

...Absolutely loving the new over the sink dish drainer I ordered from Amazon. It's a "bit" bigger than I imagined and if I were any shorter I wouldn't be able to reach the top level of it, but it's great! It has a space for everything and it opens up a lot of counter space.


...Looking forward to October, my favorite month of the year. There's lots going on. A bingo fundraiser for my work, a train ride to a pumpkin patch with our daughter's family, a big Halloween party/talent show at work, and maybe a weekend away just to name a few.

That's all for now. I need to head to bed. I hope everyone is having a blessed week!

(Sorry, no time for giggles this week. Maybe another day I'll sneak them in.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, I hope you don't get sick with all the things that are going around. I am glad you are there for your special patient. A train ride to the pumpkin patch sounds like fun! Enjoy time with the grands now. Once they are teens, they don't want to hang out. I sure love your fall background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. That over-the-sink dish draining looks interesting. I may have to check that one out on Amazon. I hope you daughter gets well soon and that you don't get sick. I agree with you - it's so horrible when animals are abused and neglected. I hope the rest of your week goes well. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay healthy, Stacy!! I am getting over cold #2. The first was in July. I hope I am done now!! Wonderful news about how well your client is relating to you and that you are able to engage him on a level he can understand and tolerate. You are so good at your job!! You have fun things coming!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...