Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Can you believe we are already at the end of September? Where have the days gone?! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were counting down to Labor Day and now the countdown to Halloween is upon us!

It's a busy time of year, but also one filled with much to be thankful for. I'm carrying on the tradition started by blogging friend Rebecca Jo (gosh, I miss her blog) and posting a list of some of the things I have been thankful for this past week.

This week I am thankful...

...first and foremost that I can stop worrying about my job. I approached the woman who makes the decisions about scheduling and where people work and just asked if I have to worry about getting bumped from the Adult Training Facility to make a place for a new hire (who said she'd quit if she didn't get to work there). She said my place in the ATF is secure! 

If you know me and the foot pain I experience when I work in the paper shredding department, you know what a relief that is. I was afraid I'd have to give up my job because I wouldn't be able to handle the pain on a daily basis.

...that while my grandson is one sick little guy this week (severe infections in both ears and hand, foot, and mouth disease on top of that) he doesn't seem to be in the pain he should be having. I am also thankful to live in a country, in which for all its problems, the medicine needed to help him get better is available.

...that so far no one else has come down with HFMD.

...for an unplanned trip to a local farmers' market with my mom.

...for a phone call and chat with my biological father.

...that even though I ended up having to work in the shredding department on Tuesday after all (too many call offs left us short-staffed), the pain was manageable.

...for presidential debates and living in a country where we can hear many candidates share their views and ideas for making things better.

...for beautiful fall days and comfortable temperatures.

...Mom was able to convince her husband to agree to schedule an appointment with one of his doctors whom he hasn't seen in 2 years. The doctor's office called him because the doctor thinks he probably needs to have some of his medications adjusted after such a long period of time. He agreed because Mom pointed out that maybe he'd feel better and maybe actually feel like doing anything.

...for Jesus Christ, my church family, and my small group.

...for my family, friends, and co-workers.

...for all of you!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! First of all, I love your background! And yes, how can September be over?!?! I am glad things with your job are good, and pray for that little one. May I ask about Rebecca Jo? I also followed her and enjoyed her blog. Have a cozy day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Rebecca Jo just wasn't feeling the blogging urge anymore. She is still on FB.

      Delete
  2. Hi Stacy! I enjoyed Rebecca Jo's blog as well. I wish she would return to blogland. I always like your Thankful Thursday posts and will be linking up with you a little later this evening. I love how you find so much to be grateful for in everyday life. It's good to hear that you won't have to give up your job. Sorry to hear that your grandson is sick, but I totally agree with you about overall access to the medical care we need. It is truly something to be grateful for. I hope your grandson is feeling better soon and that no one else in the family gets sick. Have a good weekend. I didn't watch the debate, but I agree with you about being able to hear and research lots of different views. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you had that talk at work and know you job is secure. Heavy load lifted!! Nice that you got a call from your bio-dad!! I'm glad Colton doesn't have pain and hope the meds do their job quickly for him! I am thankful for you!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always nice to know when one's job is secure. I feel so bad for Colton, I'm wishing him to feel better, Stacy. Have a beautiful Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...