Monday, October 16, 2023

Currently On a Monday

Outside my window it's a dark and rainy evening with the temperature currently at about 50 degrees and falling. The nights will remain cool this week, but we should see a bit of a warm up through the middle of the week (upper 60's) before the rain returns and cools us off again for the weekend.

Thinking about all the things I want to do this weekend in Erie...if we get to go. It all depends on Tim's work and he won't know until Wednesday if he can get away. I'm praying he can. We could use a couple of days away to just relax and have fun. I also want to see my biological father one more time before he goes back to Texas for the winter. At his age it isn't unreasonable to worry a bit that each visit may be the last.

I'm grateful Tim and I were able to go with our daughter, son-in-law and the grandchildren on a train ride this past Saturdayl. It was a first for all of us and so much fun...even though it was cold and rainy. We want to go back again for the Christmas ride.





I'm loving my favorite season and my favorite month and enjoying them as much as I can. The cozy evenings, the yummy comfort foods, the colors, the sounds, the flavors. It's all just the best!

I'm having a blast decorating at work for our huge Halloween party on the 31st. With my kids long grown and gone from home I don't do much for Halloween anymore so it's a hoot getting to let my creative juices loose to create. It won't be too spooky, but it will be pretty cool. I will take pictures once it's done. 

I can't wait to dress up, either. I'm being Winnifred Sanderson from the movie Hocus Pocus. We decided on a theme of Disney Villians for the ATF staff and when I realized Disney owns a lot of stuff other than their own stuff...a whole lot of options opened up. Two other women on staff are dressing as Mary and Sarah Sanderson. It's going to be a ball! And yes, I will take pictures of that, too.

Small and inspiring things...










I'm planning to do some deep cleaning and finally finish decorating for fall. I am so late getting it done this year. So late, that I've scaled it back and am putting out only about half of my decorations. I even gave some away to our daughter. Hmm...clearing out and cutting back...I must be getting old!

In the kitchen we're enjoying more savory, comfort-type foods. Tonight we had homemade chicken noodle soup. Our daughter brought over some of the chicken enchiladas she made, too. Those will be good packed in our lunches tomorrow.

At the store prices continue to rise and some things are just so ridiculously priced. The local groceries are twice as much (or more) than Walmart. Even Aldi's isn't all that much less than the big box stores. Most things seem to be less than fresh and go bad before their expiration dates. Worst of all, there are often empty  spots on the shelves in all departments not just the grocery.

I'm wearing my pj's at this point, but most days I'm in jeans and a t-shirt with a heavier layer over that because the mornings are rather cold and then the days warm up. Today I wore a big sweatshirt I got Saturday at the railroad without a lighter layer underneath and I regretted it. I was hot all day.

Leaving you with these thoughts...




5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! I love the pictures from the train. What a fun, family activity. We did a 4th of July train ride with our daughter and grands a few years ago, and really enjoyed it. I hope you get to go to Erie this weekend and see your dad. Have a good week! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time you had! Grr on inflation...but the media and the folks in DC are like, "Nothing to see here, move along."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last quote is so true. Wow. Oh I enjoyed your fall pictures and all you are doing. I hope you have a good trip to Erie this weekend and that you have a nice visit with your Father. That train ride looks like so much fun! I would LOVE that!!! Have a wonderful week. Your costume party sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the last post is true! I can't wait to see your costumes!! How fun!! I need to watch Hocus Pocus soon. I watched Beetlejuice a couple of days ago! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...