Saturday, November 4, 2023

Sunday Stealing: ABC

It looks like I won't be making it to church in the morning so I'm going to jump in with the gang at Sunday Stealing today. 

Feel free to join in the fun here.

A - Ambition:  At my age I don't really have any career ambitions, but I suppose my number one personal ambition is to lose weight. Again. 

B - Birthday:  August 15 

C - Computer:  I have an HP laptop. 

D - Dream:  If we're talking about dreams in my sleep I rarely remember them and when I do it's because they are real doozies. If we are talking about a dream I have in life...I guess it would be that some day our son will realize cutting everyone from his life but his wife and her family isn't the answer. 

E - Exercise:  Not nearly as much as I should. I do get a bit every day with the consumers at work, but it's pretty mild and probably the only good thing about it is that it's better than none at all.

F - Favorite Food:  Seafood in general. Shrimp specifically. Just call me Bubba Gump. I love any kind of shrimp.
 
G - Garden:  I don't have a garden these days. I have a yard and even it is kind of neglected and badly in need of some TLC.

H - Hobby:  Reading, playing around online, pinning crafts and recipes on Pinterest I will never actually do, power napping...

I - Idol:  There are people I admire, but I don't have an idol.

J - Job:  I'm a direct care worker at the County Blind Association. I work in the adult training facility with consumers who are either blind or have intellectual disabilities (some have both). My job is kind of a combination of nursing aide and teacher.

K - Kids:  I have two. My son is 37, married with 2 (possibly 3) children. He hasn't spoken to us or any family members in over 3 years. My daughter is 31, married with 2 children, and she and her family live next door to us. We see them nearly every day.

L - Location:  A recliner in my living room, that's in my house, that's in Latrobe, that's in Pennsylvania.

M - Military:  I've never served. My husband was in the Marines and there have been many in my family tree who have served.

N - Name or Nickname:  My husband calls me Ace and the grands call me Nanny.

O - Optimist or Pessimist:  I think I'm more of an optimist, but I do have my down days just like anyone.

P - Pets:  These days just Daisy, a bossy little Toy Poodle.

Q - Quote:  Something I remind myself about all the time when I am tempted to take on someone else's trouble..."Not my monkeys, not my circus."

R - Reads:  It totally depends on my mood, but I do seem to read more mysteries and rom-coms than anything else.

S - School:  I went to college for 2 years as a journalism major, but I left when I got my MRS.

T - Travel:  I would love to travel, but we haven't done very much and right now I don't suppose it would be the best idea even if I could get my husband to go. Israel, Egypt and Greece have always topped my list of places I want to see.

U - Unfulfilled ambition:  Being a world famous globe-trotting reporter.

V - Vacation spot:  Chincoteague Island, VA has always been my happy place.

W - Wardrobe:  Pretty casual...jeans, leggings, t-shirts, and a few nicer things for church and special events.

X - X-tra facts about me:  I can't think of anything I haven't shared before.

Y - Years online:  I think we got our first computer and dial up service back in 1998 or 99. I've been blogging since 2001.

Z - Zodiac sign:  Leo and my Chinese sign is the dragon.

 

9 comments:

  1. I loved your answers, Stacy and I think I knew this about you, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That x-tra question was hard to answer since I put it all out there in my blog, too! haha Have a good week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #F - Shrimp is my go to seafood also. I grew up in Central Florida on the Atlantic. We used to catch our own, along with Blue Crab, Soft-shell Turtle,all manner of saltwater fish, and so forth. Hard to do that now with all the overfishing.
    Fun post. Loved your answers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Chinese sign is a rabbit. I developed an allergy to shrimp around 2010 and haven't had any since. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes children need to have distance to be able to develop their independent individuality. But it's hrd for the parents. Hugggss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don’t let time pass without seeing son.prayers Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so beautiful, I have been so busy lately about life but let me share with you all about my health life experience with the great herbal traditional doctor that saved the life of mine and my dear husband.I was suffering from a deadly disease herpes and diabetes and i went through alot trying to get better each everyday of my life until I came across a testimony on blogs someone telling good about Dr Jekawo, a traditional herbal doctor that cure all kind of disease such as: herpes,diabetes,cancer,hpv,lupus,degenerative disease also bring back ex, and other spiritual consultations, I contacted him via drjekawo@gmail.com then he pepared the herbal medicines and send to me which takes 21 days treatment that cured my diabetes and herpes completely,I'm so grateful with the help he rendered to me therefore I promised to share his great works.Thank you and I hope this could save someone else out there.
    Karen Paul
    South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...