Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Currently

It's 27 degrees with 6 days to go until Christmas. We have an inch or so of snow on the ground, but most of it should disappear with tomorrow's mid-40's temperatures. The rest will be nothing but a memory by Christmas Day with its predicted high near 60!!!

Today was Tim's 63rd birthday. Being a Tuesday he had to work of course and didn't even have time to answer calls to wish him a happy birthday. He did get home earlier than usual so we went out to Don Patron's for Mexican to celebrate. He's gone to bed now and I'm watching A Christmas Story Christmas because I've seen every Christmas Hallmark, Lifetime, and Great American Country movie that's on tonight.

I'm still reading The Weird Sisters. It's well written and interesting. I'm enjoying it.

I'm relieved all the parties and plays are behind us. This week is finally my time to "git 'er done!" It's slow going so far. The Amazon deliveries are dwindling. There is just one more, due tomorrow, and then comes the mind-numbing chore of wrapping. Ho, ho, ho. Nothing brings out my inner Grinch more quickly than wrapping Christmas presents.

I'm thinking about whether or not to take the gifts for my coworkers to work with me tomorrow. As the big day draws nearer, Amazon's shipping promises have become, perhaps, a wee bit overly optimistic. That means a small, but totally perfect gift I ordered for a coworker I spend a lot of time with, didn't arrive today as promised. No biggie. Except tomorrow is said coworker's last day until after Christmas. So now the question is....do I take all the gifts in tomorrow as planned and just tell him part of his gift will have to wait until after Christmas or.... do I just hold off until Thursday or Friday like everyone else and make him wait for all of his gift until after Christmas?

I'm celebrating Tim's birthday (d'uh) and Christmas (double d'uh).

I'm looking forward to meeting with my new doctor...well his PA, anyway...after work on Thursday. This leg of mine is getting worse and worse. It pretty much hurts all the time at this point. It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand, it hurts to walk, and it keeps me from sleeping well. I'm hoping they can at least do something about the pain until after Christmas.

I'm taking Oliver to his vet check up tomorrow. I think it will go fine. He seems healthy and he's eating just fine and all that. He's still living pretty much exclusively in the closet, though, coming out only when we're sleeping to eat and use the litter box. He's such a sweetie and very affectionate when I go in to see him, but if I remove him from the closet he is still all about getting back into the closet.

A Christmas giggle (or two)...







 




















5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Tim. I hope the day was fun inspite of having to work.
    I'm so lazy now I don't wrap anymore. Gift bags and tissue paper are my Go To for hiding presents.
    I'm still giggling at the jokes! You know some of those "need" to be on Facebook ... *lol*
    Merry Christmas y'all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Tim!!! I am right there with you on the wrapping. At least the packages have indeed slowed. Steve is happy about that! LOL Our snow is gone, too. But I am hearing rumbling about something around New Years. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Tim! I had Mexican for dinner tonight with friends. Yum! Good luck with your new kitty at the Vet. Oliver will soon figure out the whole house is as safe as the closet. He is a lucky boy to be adopted by you!! Keep us posted!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing Tim, a very happy belated Birthday!!!! and you all a very Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...