Friday, December 22, 2023

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays!

SATURDAY 9: HAPPY HOLIDAYS

From the archives

Play along here.

1. As you can see, when Sam Winters was a little girl, she loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. (Actually, you can't because I switched photos, but use your imagination.) If you could ask Santa for anything at all, right now, what would it be?  I'd ask to be pain-free. My leg, with the focus on the knee, has gotten pretty bad. I was supposed to see the doctor after work today (Friday), but they called and cancelled. I'm rescheduled for January 2.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?
  I would hope I'm on the nice list. I really do try to treat others well and with kindness. I try to look at the bright side of things. I also try to be generous with my giving and my time because God has blessed me.

3. Are you traveling this Christmas? If so, are you going by car, plane or train?  No traveling for us...unless you count walking next door to our daughter's house. Well, we may have to make one trip with the SUV to take all the gifts and food over.

4. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If yes, which one traveled the farthest?  The only gift I shipped was a fruit and nut assortment to my biological father in Texas.

5. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?  I've bought a few shirts and some socks while browsing Amazon.

6. Which do you prefer: candy canes or gingerbread?
  Do gingersnaps count as gingerbread? If they do I prefer them. When I was younger I'd have picked the candy canes.

7. Close your eyes and tell us the first carol that comes to mind.
  It's not really a carol, but the first thing that came to mind was I'll Be Home for Christmas. I'm not sure why. I like it, but not any more than any other Christmas song. I've been listening to nothing but Christmas music since Thanksgiving.

8. What's your favorite winter beverage?  Hot chocolate, of course!

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.  We had a wonderful day with 4 generations making Christmas cookies. I hope my leg is feeling better next year so we can do those things together again.





 

11 comments:

  1. Fun fact: The rites for that photo of Crazy Sam with Santa were purchased by Bud back when the blog was launched. I'm here to make sure he gets his money's worth.

    I'm so sorry about your leg. That pain must be so distracting! I hope that when January 2 rolls around you'll get some relief.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!! Praying for your leg. I hope it heals completely and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your leg, I was going to ask what the outcome was...wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and I hope your leg feels better soon. Love the 4 generation picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get some answers about your leg/knee. Hopefully there is something they can do to help the pain.
    Your Christmas sounds like fun. Enjoy! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and Merry Christmas! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you enjoy your holiday in spite of the pain! I know it's a trial. Good luck and take care! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Christmas sounds delightful! I hope the pain is minimal enough so it doesn't detract from your gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stacy. I hope you can get some relief from your leg pain. That is no fun. I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas. Sorry, we have not received your card yet. If you put my old address on it, it is probably taking extra time to be forwarded. I'm sure it will show up soon. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful, family-centered, memorable Christmas. God bless you all! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you can get help with your knee. My SIL had both her knees replaced and she is much better. My earache through my schedule off a bit and I got behind with a few things like my Christmas cards. I lost the stamps I bought and used some older ones. Yours will be late, but I will include my husband's recipe for Mexican hot chocolate. I was gone most of today and will be busy getting my house ready after church tomorrow. I hope you get to do cookies together, even if it is after Christmas. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this! Love the photo! Sure hope your pain will be addressed on Jan 2nd!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...