Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Currently.......Thankful

Hello, friends! Free time is a rare commodity these days and growing more so the closer we get to Christmas. So, forgive me for combining Currently and Thankful Thursday into a single post this week.

Currently...

The weather is clear and 37 degrees. Tomorrow's high is only predicted to be 31, but we are looking at a bit of a warm up heading toward the weekend.

Reading...The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. It's a book I picked up at one of the used book sales I hit over this past summer. So far it's well written and interesting. It's about three sisters from a "quirky" family who all are facing major failures in their lives that they are keeping secret from the family, but they are all back at home due to their mother's cancer. I'm looking forward to learning how their story turns out.

Watching...The Great Christmas Light Fight as I'm typing. All I can say is, "WOW!" I really, really want to see the Atlanta Botanical Gardens at Christmas in person. It is officially on my bucket list!

Thinking...about all things Christmas. 

Right now Christmas is consuming my thoughts whether it's at work or at home. This Friday is the big party at work and it is all hands on deck to finish decorating and prepare the food. It is a wonderful event and even the big man, himself, (Santa) puts in an appearance! 

At home, with only having 2 weeks to go, how can I not be thinking about Christmas? There is shopping to finish, though thankfully the big stuff is done. I'm down to stocking stuffers and a few gift certificates. The wrapping, however, is another story. I've yet to have time (or energy if I have time) to get that done. And though our daughter has decided we will have Christmas at her house, she doesn't do holiday cooking so that will fall on me. What to have...other than ham...is the question.

Celebrating...birthdays!!! 

Tomorrow is our grandson Colton's 7th birthday. We are gathering for pizza and cake tomorrow evening. The week after Christmas his mom and dad are taking him (and his sister) to Erie for a few days at Splash Lagoon. He is so excited. 

Thursday a client from work is having her birthday party at Olive Garden and she invited a lot of the staff and other clients from work. She reports there should be about 50 at dinner! 

Next Tuesday is Tim's birthday. I don't know when or if we will get to celebrate as he is working crazy hours trying to wrap up his current project before Christmas. It bothers me, but he is fine with it as he prefers not to celebrate his birthdays, anyway.

Looking forward to...the Christmas program at church this Sunday. We practiced this past Sunday and will again this Saturday. It is a little different, a shadow play. It looked really cool during practice and should be awesome when it's truly dark. I will be narrating. I'm also excited because while Tim has said he will not go, our daughter and grandkids (and maybe son-in-law) are going to come. I am going to ask my mom and stepdad, too. There's a dinner afterward.

And now, smooshing Thankful Thursday in here.

I am so very thankful...

** for the newest member of our family, a lovely gray rescue kitty named Oliver. He is the sweetest boy, but so far he is hanging out in the closet in the play room. I hope he will venture further out eventually.


** for all the Christmas fun and memories being made with the grandkids.





** that while my "bad" leg is usually pretty uncomfortable in the evening, it lets me get through the day and do what I need to do. I'll find a new doctor and deal with it after Christmas.

** things are finally falling into place and I'll soon be picking up an extra 5 hours a week doing companion work with Mike, the client I brought home for Thanksgiving.

** Tim actually has a doctor's appointment on Friday. I didn't nag him and I don't know when he made it. He just casually mentioned it over the weekend. I'm so glad he's going!

** for my Lord and Savior and this season in which we remember and celebrate His birth.

** for my family, my friends, my work and precious clients, and, of course, for each one of you!

Oh yeah, and I'm currently giggling at...






























Enjoy the rest of your week and all the blessings and joy of the Christmas season!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Enjoy your Christmas party at work. The shadow play at your church sounds interesting. I am glad that your daughter and grands are going to come to church with you that day. Looks like you are having a very fun and festive Christmas season. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. glad that your family is going to church with you. I hope Tim's appointment goes well too. You schedule sounds busy like mine. Those joke were funny. My diaper was full was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that Tim's appointment goes well.
    We have a Christmas doin's at our Church on Sunday evening. I hope people will bother to show up. It seems that many don't care to participate in corporate worship anymore. Sure shows in how things are going in the World, amen?!
    Love the giggles.They're all good ones.
    Merry CHRISTmas y'all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the funnies! This was a good catch-up, Stacy!! Christmas will be here in a blink!! Have fun with the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Oliver! It's often hard for shelter cats to adjust. Just give him time. Once he gets used to the sounds and smells of your house, he'll go wandering and make himself at home.

    I think it's cool that Tim made the appointment on his own, and with no nagging. Sounds like he'll be open to the medical advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched that Great Christmas Light Fight episode, it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...