Thursday, December 28, 2023

Thankful Thursday

Here we are, it's the last Thursday of 2023 and my last chance to share a little bit of gratitude for some of life's blessings. There is so much to be thankful for this week so buckle up Buttercup, 'cause here we go!

This week I am thankful...

** Our daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren are in Erie enjoying a belated birthday trip for Colton. With his birthday right before Christmas the trip needed to wait until afterward. They are staying at a hotel connected to an indoor water park and they are having a blast!

** We had a great Christmas and enjoyed being able to give our family the things they really wanted and seeing their happiness and excitement.

** I have a job I mostly love and am able to do despite the pain in my leg. I am going to have to start working one day a week in the shredding department again for the foreseeable future...guaranteed since another new hire quit today after just a couple of weeks. I will continue to hope and pray that my new doctor will be able to give me relief from the pain.

** Tim's nightmare project is pretty much over so no more ridiculously long hours for the time being. We've been able to spend some much needed time together relaxing and reconnecting.

** Oliver is prowling around the house during the night so I am hopeful that one of these days he will be brave enough to join us during the day.

** Pretty new winter nails (always a pick me up!).


** Some pretty serious resolve to lose weight and get healthier in the new year.

** Other than aches and pains we, and those we love, continue to remain healthy.

** Some of the world's best co-workers.

** All the beautiful Christmas lights.

** My own lovely tree glowing softly in the corner.

** My husband, my daughter, my precious grandchildren, and all the rest of my family.

** Great friends.

** I live in a country that in spite of all its problems, is still one of the greatest places to live.

** God loves me (and you!) so much that He sent His only Son to save us and that's why we celebrate this season.

** And of course, I'm very thankful for you!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy! I love your winter nails. So glad you and your family all had a nice Christmas. I wish you and yours much health and happiness in the coming year! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post, full of gratitude and blessings. Praying your new year will be filled with only good things and answers to some special prayers...God is able and we will continue to pray and believe! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I am envious of those nails. I stopped biting mine finally but they are fragile things and I can't let them get too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy, I like your nails! I am glad you had a nice Christmas. I use hope you can get your leg problem fixed. I am still having shoulder pain with certain movements. I need to get back to my regular exercise. Have a Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post, Stacy. I am thankful for you, too!! Love your nails! We are so blessed to live here in the USA in spite of the crazy politics. I'm glad the kids are having fun at the water park. Wishing you and yours a blessed new year!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, my friend! Happy and Blessed New Year to you! We are seeing some flakes up here! I hope you see a few for the New Year too.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...