Monday, January 8, 2024

Currently...

Sitting here in the recliner with Daisy and my laptop at the end of a long day. I went back to work today after being off all of last week with covid. It wasn't too bad, but I am tired. I'll probably head to bed in a little while, earlier than usual for me, but for now I need some time to just relax.

Our daughter fell ill last night and is in pretty bad shape today with a high temperature and a very bad headache. She seems sure it's covid, but has elected not to take Paxlovid, though she has the option to change her mind for a day or two. Her doctor told her that many younger people find the side effects of Paxlovid too much to deal with. There are unpleasant side effects but I didn't think they were severe enough as to be worse than what she's going through.

Anyway, her husband is working midnight shift this week and worked a double shift last night so is sleeping until he leaves for work tonight. So, I had to pick the kids up at the bus stop and bring them home with me until it was time for them to go home for bed. I wish I could stay home and help her more, but after being off all last week I simply can't take more time off right now.

It's 32 degrees outside tonight and the wind is picking up. There is a high wind advisory going into effect at 1:00am as the front bringing the rain that promises a very soggy Tuesday moves through. I hope everything is secure outside. The temperatures will actually be mild tomorrow at 50 degrees for a high. After tomorrow we start cooling back down to more seasonal temperatures and by the end of next week the high temperatures will only be in the teens. Hello winter!

Nothing much is going all with everyone getting sick or getting over sickness. I hope all is well in your corner of the world and that you are staying healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. So glad that you are getting over Covid and I hope your daughter recovers quickly as well. Covid can make you fatigued for quite a while. We had a snowy weekend and more snow is expected every day this week except today (Monday). Tuesday through Sunday more snow is in the forecast every day. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad you're better but sorry your daughter feels unwell. Praying that all is past soon.
    SE Georgia is expecting that front to pass through possibly by mid-day. There was so much panicking going on that the Gov even shut down the schools. Every time the wind blows or it rains or whatever they find an excuse to shut the Schools. Good grief. So far, there's not much to it and I don't think there will be. At least our property is fairly well sheltered as I've left as much trees as possible. The bird's like 'em plus the trees protect us. But whatever happens giving God the glory for His hedge of protection.
    Hope you can rest and get better.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stacy, I am sorry to hear that your daughter is sick now. Covid is making the rounds again. I have had it once and suspect it will get us again. I took a college class in the 70's and they said we should not worry about countries and war. We needed to be concerned with the microscopic wars that can take lots of people down because of its invisible infiltration/nature. I am glad you can help her out, but don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry your daughter is sick again, Stacy. I keep her in my prayers (all of you). The weather is awful here tonight. We have tornado watches until 9:00 pm. Buckets of rain and lots of wind. Hopefully back to normal tomorrow, weather-wise anyway. God is still in control. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...