Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Wednesday Wanderings

A bunch of random things from today.

The wind has finally died down and the snow has ended for now. It's 34 degrees. I am freezing...chilled to the bone as I sit here this evening.

Our daughter is doing better today. The worst of Covid is passing...and she's not sure if the kidney stone passed, but no pain today.

I finally got to keep an appointment with the new doctor I'm hoping to get in with. Well, I saw his PA today. I actually see him in April. She is sending me for x-rays and to an orthopedist for my leg pain.

Oliver actually jumped up on the bed last night. Daisy popped right up and chased him off.

I found out I don't have to work in the document destruction department this week. The college kids haven't gone back to school yet so we are over-staffed. It's an answer to prayer as I'm still feeling pretty rundown from covid and was really worried about having to work back there on Friday.

The parking situation at work is ridiculous and always a problem. Today they made everyone write down what vehicle they drive so they know just who to yell at if a car is in the wrong spot. It's a problem they need to solve in case we are ever at full staff.

I got a letter from my biological father today. It's his annual letter to friends and family. It included an unexpected and generous gift. A total surprise because he had said his income had shrunk and he wouldn't be sending any more big gifts. We need new doors and windows. It will probably go toward that.

I am actually going to head to bed now...seriously early for me. I'm whipped.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so nice of your bio-dad to send you a generous gift. So glad your daughter is feeling better. Glad you were able to get the doctor appointment you wanted and I hope you find some answers. Stay warm and cozy. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will get some answers about your leg. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling concerned about your leg and how often y'all are sick. Prayers for healing. Maybe the Doctor(s) can see you sooner!
    How kind of your birthfather to send such a generous gift. That was very thoughtful of him.
    It's been windy here in SE Georgia too. I'm getting a little tired of it (like I can control it or anything....lol).
    Sending Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news about daughter, your new doctor and referral, and that you don't have to shred documents this week (at least). Bundle up and rest!! Prayers lifted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful unexpected gift. That is a blessing. Praying still for you and your daughter to get totally well and back to "normal"... Hope the weather warms up a bit soon and is more cooperative for you to get to and from work, etc. I'm just glad you have been off and resting and I pray things will be better really soon. TAke care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...