Monday, January 29, 2024

Currently

I returned to work today after being off nearly the entire month of January. It was not how I imagined kicking off 2024, but you play the cards you're dealt and this year dropped covid in my lap on New Year's Day and quickly followed it with an unidentified virus that really knocked me for a loop.

😊Work was not bad. My coworkers kind of kept their distance while welcoming me back. I can't blame them. My voice is still terribly hoarse and cuts out all the time. I'm still coughing...at times, a lot. At any rate, it was good to be back and nobody expected me to do anything too strenuous. The consumers were really glad to see me again and gave me lots of hugs. I was okay enough that I went after work and got a long, long overdue manicure.

☔As for the weather here, temperatures have dropped back into the 30's and 40's. We had a bit of snow this morning. It was better than the weekend's ceaseless rain that left our backyard looking like it was ready for Swamp People and alligators to move in! It looks like we're going to stay dry until Friday night now, so hopefully things will dry out.

📖I finished reading Murder at the Bookstore over the weekend. I liked it so much I ordered the 2nd book in the series. Jen Dawson isn't as hilarious as Stephanie Plum, but she's pretty amusing and there's an interesting cast of characters surrounding her. I gave the book 4 stars on Goodreads.

🏫Megan brought Colton over last night. He had a big packet of make-up work that needed to be done due to his missing school last week with the flu. He was throwing a fit and refusing to work at home. I didn't think it was going to go well here at first, but thank goodness teaching the reluctant is what I do every day at my job. I did some of the same things I do there and he responded. We got done in record time and he says he wants to always do his homework with me. That will be great....until we get to the harder math.

🚙We dropped Tim's truck off at my cousin's garage tonight. He's going to inspect it tomorrow. This way Tim doesn't have to leave work early since Megan is letting him drive her vehicle.

📪Received another letter from my father today. All is well in Texas. Well, the part he is in anyway. Just lots of news about the weather, the birds, medical appointments, family history, and some family drama my half-siblings are facing with their mother. He's unaware that I've been sick. I've been laying low all month. I guess now that I'm on the mend I should get in touch and catch him up.

🏉We're celebrating the Super Bowl a bit early at work with a party this Thursday. I guess the timing is so there's a bit of a break before we have to do the Valentine's Day party, which is probably the BIGGEST party of the year. Last year they were only two days apart and it was a lot.

That's all that's going on. I hope you're having a good week so far!


4 comments:

  1. So glad you were finally able to go back to work! I can imagine it felt good in some ways to be out there doing things again, but still, with a cough, etc., it can be tiring, so take care and don't overdo it. I love that you were able to help Colton do his homework in a happy way! That is a real gift! Glad your birth father is keeping in touch with you. I love how you were able to develop that relationship after so many years of "not knowing". Oftentimes those kinds of relationships just don't work out due to so many "issues". God has been very kind and gracious and healing. I love to see that. I hope you continue to feel better each day and that soon you will be back to your healthy normal self! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy. I am glad that you are feeling better and could get back to work. Sounds like your bio-dad is really good at writing letters and keeping in touch. It's nice that you could help your grandson with all of his make-up work. I hope that you and your entire family continue healing and getting better. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you got back to work and that it wasn't too hard getting back in the groove. Nice that Colton responded to you and got his homework done!! Sending a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interested in your Super Bowl party. The card shop where I now work is all Valentines Day -- every inch of available promotional space is hearts and flowers. I think we're missing an opportunity here. If we had anything, like a Game Day banner or little football erasers, I'm sure they would sell. I also think it's awesome that you've become The Colton Whisperer.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...