Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Thankful Thursday

Hello, friends! As we begin a new month and leave January and all it's illness and other bad things behind, I am feeling thankful for quite a few things. Here's a partial list.

** For the most part, I'm feeling well again. The cough is still lingering, but I read an article that said it seems to be the norm for a majority of people this winter. In fact, it suggested the cough could linger 3 months or more. I could live without that, but I'm not complaining. It just feels so good to be up and about again.

** My visit to a store that caters exclusively to the running crowd. I don't run. If you see me running, you'd better run, too, because there is something really awful coming behind me!

The nurse at my new doctor's office tipped me off about the store and said they watched her walk, talked with her about physical problems, and then recommended several shoes they thought might work for her. She chose one of their suggestions and loved them because she had no more pain.

The wonderful staff did the same for me yesterday and I ended up purchasing a new pair of Brooks because I learned they had the best arch support of any sneaker out there and they also have a wider sole and other support built in. I wore them today and I believe they are doing what they are supposed to do, which is support my feet by lifting the arch. I think they are doing that because the muscles along the inside of my knee were aching by the end of the day. My legs are being forced into alignment. I'll let you know how it goes as time goes on.

** Tim is also beginning to feel better so whatever bug he had must be running its course. It should help that he called his doctor's office today about a prescription refill and questioned why other refills that were to have been called in a couple of weeks ago never were. They all came in (2 for blood pressure and 1 for his acid reflux) so those should help.

** My mom and stepdad have, so far, managed to avoid any of the illness going around.

** His work is kind of slow right now so Tim is actually thinking about taking Monday and maybe even Friday off. Can you believe it? Our weather is supposed to be sunny and in the 50's all weekend so he said it would be a good time to get a lot of outside stuff done.

** The junkman our daughter sent to our house today didn't cost us anything. We had him haul a lot of metal stuff and the old dishwasher away. He scraps it and gets money that way. So nice to be rid of it all.

** We found a new area rug at Lowe's to go with the new furniture. It's more "rustic lodge" than I wanted but it's pretty and the colors go with the room. I'll add photos once it's down. We aren't doing that until Tim gets the TV stand/fireplace assembled and I get a chance to clean the floor.

** An early supper out with Tim after we got the rug. He had a bourbon bacon chicken breast, mashed potatoes and corn. I had a cheeseburger and onion rings. I haven't had either in ages and it sure hit the spot.

** A friend has agreed to go see Casting Crowns with me in March. I've wanted to see them for a long, long time but they are always in Pittsburgh and always on a weeknight. This time they are playing in a theater in the same town where I work...and on a Saturday night. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. I'm so excited!

That's where I'm going to end it tonight so I can head to bed in just a little while. Now that the cough has subsided enough for me to sleep at night I'm trying to break my habit of staying up late. I hope your week has been filled with good things. Tell me a few of them!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, I am glad you are feeling better. I hope your "alignment" goes well now that you have new shoes. I bet you are excited to get your room finished. That is nice that you can see Casting Crowns. They are a great group! Mercy Me is coming out by me, but I am not ready to go to a big sports arena full of people. The last big concert I went to was in 2019. It was the toby Mac tour with Ryan Stepheson, Danny Gokey and Mandisa. It was great! I pray you are well when you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiling about the Brooks! The .custodian lady who came by Tom's (hospital) room this afternoon looked at my shoes and said, "I like your Brooks!". We got to chatting aim thankful nd she said she owns 6 pair -- "There's nothing like them."
    Me, I'm thankful Tom's BP has stabilized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the typos -- I suck at typing on this little phone pad.

      Delete
  3. Hi Stacy. Wow, I sure hope those new shoes help. I have foot problems too and have to wear and orthotic in every shoe. I think I need to look for the Brooks, if they are the best for arch support. I had a physical therapist once suggest New Balance shoes and we usually get those. So glad that you are feeling better. So neat that you get to go see Casting Crowns! I love that group. Take me with you!!! ;-) I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still a little croaky but hopefully getting better. Glad you are improving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad both you and Tim are feeling so much better! I look forward to seeing your room put together with the new rug, new furniture and the fireplace. Nice!! Hope you got good seats for the concert next month!!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...