Saturday, January 13, 2024

Sunday Stealing

"Stolen" from Pinterest today.

1. Your favorite part of the day. When I had jobs that allowed me to work my own hours or have summers off, I would have said mornings were the best part of the day. I loved them because they were quiet and it was just me. I would spend time doing my Bible study or getting lost in a good book. Now that I must get up and leave the house all year round, I think I enjoy the evenings the best. Tim and I are both home and spend the time relaxing, catching up, playing on our screens (tablet for him and laptop for me) or watching television.

2. Something you know a lot about.  I suppose I know a good bit about the different areas in which I have been employed: driving a school bus; dealing with those who have dementia; and these days dealing with those who have intellectual disabilities. I have to say that there is actually a good bit of overlap among the three.

3. An important person in your life.  There are several important people in my life, but today I will highlight my beautiful, precious, granddaughter. Though I am 55 years older than her, she is my soul sister. We are very much alike and she delights my heart!



4. Your favorite recipe.  I don't know that I have a favorite, but my family has always liked my meatloaf, which can be found in a copy of the older Betty Crocker cookbook. The newer ones do not have it. These days I know it pretty much by heart, but I rarely measure and just toss in this and that.

5. An event that turned out differently than planned.  I'd have to say New Year's Day since I woke up sick with Covid this year.

6. How you procrastinate. Why, I procrastinate very well, thank you! Seriously, I will procrastinate on just about everything.

7. The best type of surprise.  Ones involving family or friends and that catch me completely unaware.

8. Music that helps you relax.  I find any music that I like and can sing along to relaxing. 

9. A thing your life has in excess. Loved ones with health challenges...physical pain...stuff/clutter.

10. A book you want to read.  I'd like to read Matthew Perry's autobiography this year.

11. A person you’re always happy to see.  Any of my family.

12. What time do you go to sleep?  Usually between 10-11pm. If I go earlier I'll be awake in the night. I used to be a great sleeper, but age has stolen that from me.

13. A word to describe the past year.  Fast. Seriously, it went by in a blur!

14. Your favorite household chore.  A domestic goddess I am not, but if I must pick a chore....washing the dishes.

15. One thing you’d like to see.  Just one? There's so much of this world I haven't seen and would love to see. I guess maybe I'd put Greece at the top of the list. Photos from there are always so breathtakingly beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by. You can play along here if you'd like.


8 comments:

  1. Yes, there's nothing like a good meatloaf. My husband does 99.9% of the cooking now but I once made a really "mean" one back in the day. LOL I put lots of ketchup on the top of mine.
    We try to retire in the evening about the same time. If I go to bed too early I'll be up too early. I can do that if we're planning to travel or something special.
    My survey will post tomorrow. Hope you have a great evening and Sunday!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy! This was a fun post. That is a darling picture of your granddaughter! You can see how fun and spunky she is! I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Betty Crocker cookbooks rule! I think we're all over COVID, but COVID isn't done with us, annoyingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess after all this time, I shouldn't be surprised that we both said "meatloaf" and fix it close to the same way - tossing in this and that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little Leah is precious ... what a blessing she must be. I used to make a cheesy (no tomato sauce) meatloaf that Tom always asked for, but it's been a couple years now. #6 may have made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good, another dishwashing person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your granddaughter is absolutely such a cutie and the way she is standing in the picture tells me she has just the perfect amount of sass in her!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

The weather is 70 degrees at 8:54 p.m. and the threat of thunderstorms hangs over us. This week is not as hot as last week, but even cooler ...