Thursday, January 4, 2024

Thankful Thursday

As I'm sitting here midway through my quarantine for Covid, it is a good time to look for the things I am thankful for....and like I always say, there is always something to be thankful for no matter our circumstances.

This week I am thankful...

** My Covid is not severe. I'd rank it with a really bad cold or moderate flu. Knowing what others have gone through I am very grateful.

** My doctor finally came through around 5pm last night with a prescription for Paxlovid, the Covid medicine. It is supposed to lessen the severity of symptoms and shorten the duration. I took it when I had Covid in 2022 and it was a relatively new drug. I took it at the same time as Joe Biden (I didn't relapse). I put a call in to my doctor to get it as soon as I knew what I had. The only downside to it is the yucky metallic taste it leaves in my mouth for as long as I'm taking it.

** My work is being very nice about things even though we are very short-handed already.

** None of my family or the friends who were here on New Year's Eve have gotten sick.

** We have several streaming services. I don't feel well enough to do much and reading is pretty much off the table as my ability to focus goes out the window when I'm sick, so having lots of choices in movies and television is a sanity saver. I watched three movies today that I'd recommend: Ticket to Paradise with George Clooney and Julia Roberts; 80 for Brady with Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Sally Fields, and Rita Moreno; and Champions with Woody Harrelson.

** Online shopping allows me to do the grocery shopping even though I can't go anywhere.

** Our daughter lives so close and can pick up my shopping order.

** Oliver (the kitty I adopted back before Christmas) still doesn't come out of hiding during the day, but he roams pretty freely at night. I guess he feels secure that Daisy won't get out of the bed (even though she has a few times). Whenever I get up to go to the bathroom he comes out of hiding and is ridiculously lovey-dovey. He's such a sweet boy. I hope someday he feels comfortable enough that we can be more than bathroom buddies.

** It's looking more and more like the "big storm" heading our way on Saturday will be a bit of a non-event. It's going to move through fast and at the most we may see about 5-inches of the white stuff. The roads are supposed to remain clear, though, as it's not been cold enough. But then...how often do the forecasters get it wrong?

** All of you, your blogs, your visits here, and Facebook are great distractions!

That's it for this time. I hope you're having a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I want to see that 80 for Brady movie. I am still catching up on Christmas movies I recorded. I am packing up Christmas and stopped for a while. Enjoy your rest time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I'm so glad your covid is not as bad as it could be and that you were able to get the medicine. I hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks for the info on some good movies. I've seen the 80 for Brady and it was pretty funny. I'm not familiar with the other two. Hoping you'll get to be more than bathroom buddies with your cat soon. That made me laugh. Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad your bout with this is not too severe and I pray you will soon be back to your old bubbly self, ready to go out and enjoy the snow if it comes! Oh, I hope your kitty will warm up to you soon and become a real sweet buddy in the daytime too. I'm sure the holidays are confusing and distressing to a kitty who isn't familiar with such goings on! Maybe when things are back to 'normal' Oliver will adapt and start ruling the house! LOL. Please relax and rest and let your body just heal, whatever it takes. Don't rush it! (((hugs))) and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy. I hope you are feeling better soon. Both my husband and I took Paxlovid when we had Covid and I remember that nasty metallic taste. Yuck. I'll have to check out those movies you recommended. We are "cat people" too and want to get another nice kitty when I retire. Get better quick! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chuckled at your bathroom buddy. I call Vinny my potty pal!! Your kitty will come around. I am glad you aren't feeling horrible but am so sorry you got covid again. I think it is here forever, like the flu and colds. It is very easy to get used to anything we need arriving at the door with just a few google clicks. Feel better, Stacy!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

Today's questions come from Swap-bot. You can join in the fun here . 1. What inspires you most?   My faith, my grandchildren and the int...