Thursday, January 25, 2024

Thankful Thursday

Time to take a look at life's positives and give thanks for some of the blessings in my life this week.

I am thankful...

** I was able to be seen in person by a PA this morning. She was very nice, but she didn't really give me any answers as to what's been going on with me. It still comes down to "a virus." They can tell me what it isn't, but not what it is. 

The congestion does seem to be the slightest bit better today so it may mean I'm turning a corner. Even so, the PA said I'd been dealing with this long enough that it wouldn't hurt for me to take a Z-pack of antibiotics.

** My work has been so understanding through my illness. I don't have any vacation time left, but it is what it is. I let my boss know I plan to come back on Monday.

** Tim has been great through all of this, stopping at the store to get things I need, picking up take-out food for dinners...

** So many people have been praying for me. It means a lot and I do believe God answers those prayers...maybe not in the timing I'd like, but He does answer.

** Colton was good for me both Tuesday and Wednesday when he had to come stay here while his mom went to appointments. He is okay now, but was down with the flu so he stayed on his side of the living room and I stayed on mine. We watched TV and he played on his tablet.

** With so much time at home and off my feet, my leg doesn't hurt. I'm sure it will flare back up once I go back to work, but the respite is nice.

** I've watched a lot of good movies and documentaries that I probably wouldn't have had I not been stuck at home.

** I've enjoyed a few good books.

** My mom and Megan have been great, checking on me and running to pick-up prescriptions and such.

** The frigid weather gave way to a run of 50 degree (or more!) days. Nice for this time of year. The cold and snow will be back by the end of the weekend, I guess.

** Pinterest is such a great tool. I love having thousands of recipes at my fingertips. I have porkchops in the slow cooker today with a sauce made of cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, and ranch seasoning. I've made it before and it is so yummy.

I could go on, but will end for now. I hope you've enjoyed a beautiful day filled with blessings of your own. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've already lost all of your time off at the beginning of the year. I've had that happen before and it is not fun. I hope the z-pack helps you. I hope I don't have to call my doctor for one of those! Thanks for your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, glad you got to see the PA and hopefully you will feel better soon. I have another ear infection and I am the problem because I scratch them, and then it gets infected. I do have antibiotic drops but may have to go back to get it cleaned out. Good that you have been getting help. We will be warming up to the 70's the next few days before rain come in. I hope you are well by the time you have to go back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you have turned that corner and will be even better tomorrow! I'm glad you got in to see a medical person, even though she didn't really have an answer for you. You remain in my prayers. Keep taking care!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are on the mend. I would love it if you would share that pork chop recipe. It really sounds good! Continue to get well, my friend! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...