Monday, February 5, 2024

Currently

The weather is a chilly 31 degrees with clear skies, but tomorrow's high will be close to 50. Wednesday and Thursday promise to reach nearly 60 degrees. I will take it. Rain is coming Friday and the forecast is for temps to be back in the 30's for highs by Monday.

I'm reading Aunt Dimity and the Next of Kin by Nancy Atherton. I can't remember if I've read any other books in the series, but I don't think so. Nothing seems familiar. I'm enjoying it, though, and will most likely look for other books in the series.

I'm watching old House Hunters and reruns of The Big Bang Theory.

I'm loving our living room. We worked on it this weekend and it is coming together. The new furniture, electric fireplace/TV stand, and rug make the room so cozy. I still have some clearing of clutter to do before I'm ready to share a photo.

I'm thinking (wondering) how long it will take before I feel completely like my old self. I do feel soooo much better than I have in the last month, but I can't seem to shake the cough completely and my voice is still gravelly and weaker than it used to be. 

I'm feeling content and happy.

I'm celebrating each little success at cleaning up the house and moving life back toward normal.

I'm grateful that Tim took this past Friday and today off, giving himself a 4-day weekend. It allowed him to get some rest and also to do some things around here that really needed doing.

I'm enjoying the warmer days and sunshine. They are very rare during the winter months here in southwestern Pennsylvania. It can be very gloomy here this time of year.

I'm looking forward to taking our grandson to JurassicQuest on Saturday. We wanted to take our granddaughter, too, but she is going to see Disney on Ice with her mom. Both kids will have a great day!

I'm giggling at:

















 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Your new furniture and living room re-do sounds wonderful. I will look forward to pictures. The memes at the end of this post made me chuckle. I'm afraid I right out FAILED the femininity test. I hope you have a good week. Glad you are feeling a big better day-by-day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, I am glad your room is cozy and I am looking forward to seeing your picture. Sorry your cough is still bothering you. I am going to see the ENT. I saw my primary today and she pushed a call through for me to get seen sooner. Glad your hubby took a few days off. We are getting lots of rain here, but we are okay. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good hearing you're feeling better!
    That piece about femininity sounds strangely reminiscent of the Charm School (really!) my mother signed me up for in the early 60's. How far this particular apple landed from the tree! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like the littles will have some fun! I enjoyed the giggles you posted, especially the one on how we women should approach life. I look forward to those photos of your cozy new living room!! Glad you are feeling better, Stacy!!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...