Monday, February 12, 2024

Currently

Sitting here at the end of a long day, wrapped up in a blanket with my Daisy-girl. We're enjoying the heat of the electric fireplace and watching Hoarders: Where are They Now?

The weather is changing. The week long run of warm days and mild weather is coming to an end tonight with rain due at any time and falling temperatures through the night. I should wake up to a cold morning coated by a wet, slushy mix of snow and ice. Fun times. My knees and hips tell me the weather is indeed coming. Ouch!

Work is a bit crazy right now. We are not short-staffed right now...but we were today. The woman I take home every day was off today for her birthday (full-time employees get their birthdays off) which left them short in the shredding department. I probably would have been pulled to work back there, but we had two call offs in my department. Both of those were due to illness. We have quite a few consumers out due to illness. We had to do a lot of scrambling and rearranging to make things work today. I hope my coworkers are back tomorrow, but I don't know what illness they are dealing with. Covid, flu, and a plethora of viruses are all running rampant in our area right now.

The weekend was a good one after so many weeks of being sick. We started out Friday evening by going out for pizza with our daughter and grandchildren (son-in-law was working). Saturday we took our grandson to Pittsburgh for Jurassic Quest while our daughter took our granddaughter to Disney on Ice. Colt was so excited and really enjoyed it. We had dinner at the Texas Roadhouse before coming home. 



On Sunday Tim's sister and her husband came to visit and we all went out for dinner at Red Lobster. It was nice to visit with them. We used to do a lot with them when we were younger, but then families happen and there's always so much pulling everyone in different directions. It was especially nice because she is the sister who battled liver cancer last year and just got the all-clear.

Celebrating that the kitchen and living room have been totally reclaimed from the neglect that took place all through January when no one was feeling well. There is such a feeling of relief than I know I'll never have to worry about becoming a hoarder. Ugh....I can't take the mess. It stresses me a LOT!

Loving that I am almost completely back to normal. I still have a couple of coughing fits each day, but they are getting better and I am sleeping through the night again.

Thinking about all that's happening at work this week that my department is responsible for. Tomorrow we have a pancake breakfast for Fat Tuesday and I am taking Paczki and a king cake. Wednesday is the big Valentine's Day lunch and dance. It's a huge deal, second only to Christmas. It's going to be a busy couple of days.

Thankful that our daughter is a fighter and that all her fighting on Colton's behalf is finally starting to pay off. He is now on meds that are helping him sleep at night and are keeping his ADHD under control. His latest trip to the doctor revealed that he is underweight, not at the dangerous level, but getting close and also that his iron and vitamin D levels are very low. The next battle will come later this week when she takes on the doctors about his anxiety which is crippling in many situations.

Looking forward to going to the high school musical this Saturday with my mom, my daughter, and my grandchildren. We are going to see Sponge Bob: The Musical. It should be a lot of fun.

Giggling at:












6 comments:

  1. Praise God you're feeling better! I hope Colton can continue to improve and gain a little weight plus get all the minerals & vitamins needed.
    The Jurassic Park looks like fun. I would have loved that as a kid.
    Still giggling at the meme's. That's me with the fan. LOL
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling better (well, save your hips) -- Megan and Colton, too! That's a precious picture of him in that creature's mouth. I sure miss Texas Roadhouse ... and throwing peanut shells on the floor. (lol) Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. while being sick, my kitchen got to be a mess & i had the most anxiety over it - I finally got it back in shape & feel like I can breath again.
    Low iron & Vitamin D aint now joke - take it from me! Glad they found that now so it can be worked on making Colton better
    I can feel like the weather in my ankle & knee myself .... good OLD joints LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are feeling better. The coughs hold on. We have a doctor friend who told us they call it a 100 day cough. Ugh. we got zero snow from the storm. Hope you are cozy as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find some really good giggles to share with us!! I am so glad you are feeling almost 100% now! Colton looks like he is having a blast in the dinosaur mouth! I always enjoy your "currently" posts, Stacy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy, glad you are finally feeling better. Good that they were able to find help for Colton. I had to really advocate for my son too when he was young and also got diagnosed with ADHD. I like that picture of Colton inside the dinosaur too! That last cartoon was me and made me laugh. Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...