Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thankful Thursday

This week has gone by very quickly and I find it hard to believe that we are already coming up on Friday. I'm tired and will be heading to bed soon, but first, a few things I am thankful for this week.

** A nice dinner out with Tim to celebrate Valentine's Day. I convinced him not to go to the super popular restaurant at the airport. Instead, we went to a restaurant that is less than a mile from home. We enjoyed a quieter, less crowded atmosphere and the food was delicious. We both ordered a seafood pasta dish that was portioned so generously that we had plenty left over for lunches today.

** The Valentine's Day party at work is behind us. It is a HUGE amount of work for the department I work in, but it was a big success and the consumers loved it and had a great time. Since I am unable to dance with my knee being such a problem these days, I acted as DJ for the afternoon and had a great time taking requests and making dedications.

** Tuesday's big snow storm missed us completely and hit to the east of us on the other side of the mountains.

** Our daughter and her husband scheduled an appointment with a marriage counselor for next week. It's very much needed. Please keep them in prayer.

** My new sneakers (Brooks) do help a lot with my foot pain. My feet really don't hurt unless I'm standing in one place for a long time. It's the knee that's the problem now. One problem solved.

** Tim has been getting home at about the same time I do nearly every day. He hasn't been working Saturday's, either. It's only because the new projects won't start up until March, but I'll take it...and he won't admit it, but I think he's enjoying it.

** Oliver, my shy kitty, is taking more chances. He still doesn't come out when we are all up, but he isn't being as careful about staying out of Daisy's sight when he comes running to greet me in the bathroom. He is so desperate for my love and attention that I have hope that one of these days he will just get over it and come out.

And that's where I'm going to quit tonight. God is good and life is good. I am blessed.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Sounds like you and Tim had a nice Valentine's Day with a delicious dinner. I have knee issues as well, so I do understand how painful and destabilizing such problems can be. I am glad to hear that your new Brooks shoes are helping your feet. Your Valentines Party at work sounds fun. I'm sure you were a very good DJ. It's good that your daughter and husband are seeking counseling. I hope they will be able to work things out. I hope you and your husband have a good weekend. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've had a really nice week. Glad to hear your foot is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you're feeling better! Yay! Bet it felt good to get out and do things again.
    Poor Oliver. Maybe he'll get better with time. Bet he is cute though. He's so fortunate to be living with y'all and be loved.
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad Oliver is slowly making progress and it is so great that you are giving him the time to get comfortable. Sounds like you picked the best restaurant for your Valentine's Day dinner!! Yum! I'm sorry to hear your knee is so painful. I know well how debilitating it can be. Don't wait for 10 years to get help with it (like I did).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hear you about the pain...the stress fractured has all but healed, but the arthritis...sigh...anyways, have a lovely weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...