Monday, February 19, 2024

Currently

Sitting here cuddled up with Daisy and enjoying the glow of the electric fireplace once again. Our mild temperatures went away rather quickly and we woke up to 6 inches of snow Saturday morning. Most of it has melted and the mercury is beginning to climb again, at least during the days. Tonight, however, it's going down to 19 degrees. I'm trying not to complain as we are supposed to see highs in the 60's next week.

As for other things I'm currently doing...

Reading...Hidden Beneath: A Maine Clambake Mystery by Barbara Ross.

Watching...American Idol's new season began last night. Lots of amazing talent, but where are the awful auditions? Those were a big part of the fun. I miss them.

Thinking...about "Artimus," one of my regular clients at work. He collapsed in the hallway after lunch today. When we turned him over he was bleeding badly from his nose and was rather blue and/or purple. Initially he responded but quickly went unresponsive and CPR was begun. 911 was called. First responders took over from our staff and worked on him for a good while there in the hallway before loading him up and taking him to the hospital. CPR was never stopped and we all feared the worst. I received a text this evening saying he was in ICU on a respirator so there is still hope.

Feeling...wrung out. It was a tough day. That aside, I feel the most like my old self that I have since before I got sick.

Celebrating...God's goodness, for one thing and the fact that we finally found a new front door to replace the one that's never really fit tightly and that split when they took it off the hinges during the new refrigerator adventure and it fell flat on the porch.

Grateful...Tim's bloodwork was good except for his cholesterol being a little high (but down from the last time). The doctor told his chances of a heart attack in the next 10 years is only about 7%. He also told him that if he'd lose about 100 pounds he'd feel a whole lot better. 

Enjoying...the longer days, but still liking the cozy evenings at home.

Looking forward to...my appointment with the orthopedic doctor on March 25. My feet and hip don't hurt as much as they used to, but there is definitely something wrong with my knee.

Giggling at...

































4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the classic fidget spinner!! Yes!! I did that!! I'm so sorry about the client who nearly died!! I hope he makes it. Driving home from work one day last week, an ambulance was pulled over and it was plain to see the EMT doing CPR on a man laying on the ground. I was stopped in traffic and couldn't not look at it, realizing how violent CPR is, live and in person. Not quite like the dummies we practice on when getting certified. Please let us know how he is doing. Take care of that knee!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those are all so good!! I am laughing at that last one about the youth pastor and the trumpet. LOL. Laughing at all of them, actually. Glad you are starting to feel better, but now I hope your knees don't give out on you! Praying for the client in the hospital in ICU. That sounded pretty scary. I haven't watched "American Idol" in years. Yeah, that's too bad you don't get to see all the auditions. They were pretty funny. I hope you all have a good week, try to stay warm! It will be 39 here tomorrow morning and highs in the 60's. But the sun is finally shining again! Blessings to you and all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving these longer days too. We are all anxious for Spring this year.
    Glad you're feeling better but sorry your knee is still ailing. I pray it won't require surgery, but, if it does, Steve had it done on one of his knees. He's much better now and said it's worth getting the surgery.
    OH MY GOSH those jokes!! I laughed so loud at all of them my husband thought I was having a fit!! LOL
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How unsettling, witnessing 'Artimus' collapse! I've never experienced that sort of thing, but I feel it must stay with you when you close your eyes. Please let us know how he's doing? Those memes are priceless -- particularly the youth pastor. Oh, and that human porcupine/model. Her expression makes me believe she's saying, "They don't print enough money for this." Thanks for the laughs!

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...