Monday, February 26, 2024

Currently

Reading... The Murderous Type by Sue Minix. It's the second book in the Bookstore Mystery series.

Watching... nothing worth mentioning.

Thinking... about staying off the laptop except for one day a week (maybe two). It's such a time waster. I get absorbed and next thing I know way too much time has passed. There are so many better ways to use my time.

Feeling... annoyed. We heard from our tax preparer tonight. Between me working full-time and the raises we've both gotten over the past year, our income jumped significantly and that threw us into a new tax bracket. We thought that with what we have taken out in taxes and what we put in our retirement funds we'd be okay. Nope. We owe. Thankfully, it isn't a huge amount, but in order to avoid paying next year Tim will have to put a lot more into his 401K. Makes you wonder when enough is enough.

Celebrating... nothing really, so I guess I'll go with our grandson getting his first real dirt bike this weekend.


Grateful... a trip to the tire center was quick, easy, and inexpensive. The left front tire on my vehicle has had a slow leak since last week. Tim never got around to dealing with it over the weekend so I had to spend my break today calling around to find a place that had time to take care of it after I got off work. The one I finally chose took my vehicle in as soon as I arrived, discovered a screw in the tire, removed it and patched the tire. I was done and back on the road in 30 minutes and it only cost $31!

Enjoying... Seagram's new "fruit splash" ginger ale. It's cherry flavored and so yummy.

Looking forward... to going to an auction this coming Saturday with my mom and Tim.

Giggling at...


Our granddaughter wearing one 
of the Maine Coons as a scarf.

 





And that's it this week. I'm tired and going to call it a night. Have a blessed week, friends!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy. Tax season is never fun. That is such a cute picture of your granddaughter with the kitty around her neck. I hope you have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops ... I think the Blogger 'ate' my comment again. Must be that drat "FBI Surveillance" -- lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Seagrams info! I am off to check it out! Love your background, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you didn't get stuck somewhere with a flat tire! That is never any fun! And I understand about staying off the computer for a while...but then we get so behind in in each other's stories and lives and I feel like I've missed out on all the important stuff and have to get caught up and it becomes a cycle that can be wearing...but yet I don't want to lose touch with everyone. But I don't work all day like you do, so I can imagine your free time is at a real premium. Prioritize what is most important for you, and God will help you with the rest. Those kiddos are so cute...that cat sure is patient! Praying the little dirt bike stays a safe and happy experience. Boys will be boys! Take care and enjoy your evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tax season is never fun, but it hasn't been quite as hard for me without Joe's business. He had always been self-employed and we always had to pay. I got back $61.00 last year and jumped for joy! LOL I enjoyed your post, Stacy. Sending a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After spending $1000 on new tires, I'm super jealous & happy for you that your trip wasnt costly.
    I'm DREADING so much doing our taxes. Avoiding it till the last minute

    ReplyDelete

Currently...

I'm feeling the need to check in and let you know what's up in my corner of the world. I am still not back in a regular way and rema...