Monday, May 20, 2024

Currently

We are experiencing an unexpected thunderstorm that has cooled a hot, humid day down to a comfortable 73 degrees. Tomorrow and Wednesday will bring more of the hot, sticky weather before rain and storms move in on Thursday and drop the temperature a bit. We should be looking at decent weather with temps in the mid to upper 70's for the Memorial Day weekend.

Reading...Call Me Hunter, a novel by well-known hunter and guide, Jim Shockey. It's not at all what you'd expect. It's about a secret society that basically runs the world, starting wars, assassinating political figures, etc., all in the name of acquiring the world's greatest art to sell to the world's richest collectors. The society, called Our World, accomplishes this though its agents, all people with special abilities, people the world has deemed "different," but whose skills and gifts make them uniquely suited to the task.

Watching...tonight it's Great American Road Trips on Prime Video. It's a bit dated, from the 90's I think, but I'm seeing a lot of places I'd like to visit one day.

Listening...mostly to the local 80's radio station.

Feeling...tired. For some reason I didn't sleep well last night.

Thinking...about my planned day for the consumers on Wednesday. We each have a day to plan the lesson and activities. Some do a very random sort of day. I usually try to have a theme to focus everything on. This week I am going with pirates! I have hats and eye patches for them to wear, a "pirate-y" snack mix, pirate themed worksheets, and if I can get it to work out tomorrow when I try it, our craft will be a parrot that can sit on your arm. I'm even searching for pirate themed exercises or games.

Celebrating...nothing right now, but this weekend we will celebrate Memorial Day and the unofficial start of summer. Saturday and Sunday will be busy. Monday will likely be more low key with us relaxing at home or possibly cooking out with Mom and John and our daughter's family.

Looking forward to...taking a train ride with our daughter's family this Saturday. It's a 2-hour round trip through central Pennsylvania. On Sunday, Tim and I are taking the gentleman I do companion work for to a local winery. They are having live music and have a beautiful outdoor area to sit an enjoy the entertainment and wine as well as several food options. I'm hoping to do all 5 of my weekly hours with him that day to free up the rest of the week.

Giggling at...




And that's it for this week. I need to get the dog outside and head to bed. Have a great week!




4 comments:

  1. I think it's going to be a low-key weekend for me, even for a holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, cool, and very pretty here in SE Georgia. I wish our Summers were this temp during the day.
    A train ride! What fun. Hope y'all have an enjoyable trip. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like a Kindle in the wind!! Made me laugh out loud!! Let us know how the pirate theme day works. Sounds like lots of fun!! I'll be working my four hours on the holiday. No biggie. Enjoy your cool 70 degree days!! We are pushing 95 most days this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the kindle in the wind joke. We have had a lot of rainy days lately too. i feel for those going through tornadoes and severe hail

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) In this song, Liza Minnelli acknowledges that she may be "taking a terrible ch...