Saturday, June 1, 2024

Sunday Stealing

Today's Sunday Stealing is stolen from Swap-bot.


1. If you like art, who is your favorite artist and why?  I like art, but I don't have a favorite artist. As with music, my tastes tend to be a bit eclectic and all over the place. I like what I like, what touches something in me.

2. If you were able to learn any three skills or talents instantly and with success, what would they be?  If we could do something about my horrible singing voice, singing would be my first choice. Next, I'd like to be one of those cooks who just whips up fabulous, creative meals without recipes. Lastly, I'd like to be able to create the kind of gorgeous garden spaces you see in magazines or online.

3. If you were to live in Ancient Times, where-in what country-would you want to live in?  I have no desire to live in ancient times. Books and movies can romanticize them, but the truth is they were hard and life could be quite brutal. Not to mention short.

4. What is something you're embarrassed to admit to liking? Whether it be a guilty pleasure show, or unusual hobby, etc.  I can't think of a thing. I've always been a bit of a nerd, doing my own thing so I'm not embarrassed by much and it's grown less as I grow older.

5. What is the worst job you've ever had?  Working at a nursing home. Not because of the work, but because of the rotten boss I had.

6. What is something you wanted to do as a child that you'd still like to do now?  Visit Plymouth, Salem, and Braintree in Massachusetts to research more deeply into my family tree and see the places where my ancestors lived.

7. What do you hate being judged for more than anything else?  My weight.

8. What is your life's mission?  To live showing others the kind of love Jesus showed.

9. If everyone walked around wearing warning labels, what would yours say?  Warning: Introvert on board. Excessive people-ing will send introvert into hiding.

10. At what age did you first feel like you were an adult?  Maybe when my kids came along, so early 20's...but it's not a constant feeling. I still have lots of days when I feel like a big kid.

11. When did you not speak up, but wish you had?  The only thing that comes to mind right now is not something I want to share.

12. What is something that makes your skin crawl?  Snakes.

13. What is the last thing to give you butterflies in your stomach?  I don't remember anything else, so it was probably a time in the past when I had to speak publicly.

14. What's your favorite type of media to work with? (Paint, clay, pens, etc.)  Given the things I do at work, I'm going to say construction paper and glue. Ha!

15. What question do you hate answering?  I hate answering questions related to getting my husband's commitment to something because he will always say "sure," but when push comes to shove, if he feels something at work is more important he will choose work and blow off the other commitment. He has missed birthdays, family dinners, holidays, so much with the kids growing up, and even more with friends. I'm stuck making explanations and apologies.

Enjoy the questions?

You can play along here.

7 comments:

  1. I used to love pasting construction paper chains during the holidays. Such fun! I am with you about living in ancient times. They were no better than today and in most cases far far worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty pleasures, certainly at a given point in life, are totally unneccessary, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening. Now that's where my ambitions lie. I wish I was a better gardener. Hope your health is 100% better now. Fun post. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could keep a garden. I had to laugh over your last thought, now it's my husband who is making excuses for me, LOLOL. Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cook! Oh, I wish I'd thought of that. I hate to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piano. I wish I could play piano. Fun stuff today. I enjoyed your always thoughtful answers. Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stacy! Fun answers. I agree with you. I wouldn't really want to live in any other time but right now. I hope everything is going well for you and that you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

An Invitation

My 60th birthday is coming up soon and I am not very happy about the way I feel or look. I'm determined to do something about it. One th...