Friday, June 7, 2024

Saturday 9: Footloose

**Sorry for the coloring of the post. For some reason, Blogger won't allow me to change the color of anything I've copied and pasted. It's been going on for a few weeks. Just me, or are the gremlins bothering anyone else?**

Unfamiliar with this week's tune. Hear it here.

1) In this week's song, Kenny Loggins encourages everyone to lose their blues by dancing. What reliably shakes you out of a funk?  Prayer, my grandkids, and music.

2) To cut footloose, he has to kick off his "Sunday shoes." What's on your feet as you answer these 9 questions?  Nothing. Not even socks. When I get up from the chair, though, I will slip my feet into my Vionic recovery sandals.

3) This is the title song of the popular 1984 movie of the same name. It's so well-identified with the film that the AFI named it #96 of the top 100 movie songs of the last 100 years. Have you seen Footloose?  Seeing it in the theater was one of the first dates Tim and I went on so I've always associated it with that time in my life. I've seen it many times. In fact, I just watched it earlier this week.

4) The title of his 2022 memoir, Still Alright, was inspired by "I'm Alright," the song he wrote for the raucous golf comedy, Caddyshack. Do you play golf? (Yes, putt-putt miniature golf counts!) Do you watch it on TV?  A long, long time ago I took lessons at a local club and I took golf as one of my gym classes in college. I was fairly good back then but haven't played anything but miniature golf since. I don't watch it. I find it boring to watch.

5) Thinking of movies, Kenny says watching Yankee Doodle Dandy when he was just 7 years old made him think performing looked like fun and says, "I knew deep inside this is something I could do." Do you recall when you set off on your chosen career?  I chose journalism and went to school to study it, but I never finished my degree or did anything with the skills I'd learned. These days I find myself wishing I had found working with those who have either dementia or intellectual disabilities when I was much younger. It feels like where I should have been all along.

5) Kenny grew up in Everett, Washington, north of Seattle and 84 miles from the Canadian border. Have you ever visited Canada? If yes, where did you go?  We stayed on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls for one of our anniversaries and drove around a bit, but not too far.

6) In 1977 Kenny struck up a friendship with Stevie Nicks, who was a source of encouragement and would sing with him on one of his biggest hits, "Whenever I Call You Friend." Tell us about when you met one of your best friends.  We met more than once at events at my sister-in-law's home, but never really connected and became friends until we began attending the same church. We bonded the first time my son stopped talking to us. She had gone through it with one of her sons and her support and advice really helped me.

7) In 1984, when this song was a hit, Angela Lansbury premiered in Murder, She Wrote, a show still seen in reruns today. Were/are you a fan?  I enjoyed it then and I still get a kick out of it now.

8) Let's tweak your memory about something else that happened in 1984. Without looking it up, can you recall why Michael Jackson's Pepsi commercial made headlines the world over?  Didn't he get burned or set his hair on fire or something?

9) Random question -- Think of your last professionally prepared meal. Did you dine in, carry out, or have it delivered?  Tim picked it up on his way home from work the other night.

Thanks to Crazy Sam for the music and questions!

Enjoy the game? Play along here.

8 comments:

  1. I copy to a text document first. Then I copy that to Blogger to avoid the color on a direct copy paste. How nice that you got to go to Niagra falls. I am sorry your son does not talk to you. Have a great weekend, Stacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't lose the pink when I use Chrome so I paste it into a word doc and change it there. Or I use Firefox and save a step. At any rate, it's not just you.

    I love that this movie was one of your first dates. Movie memories always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 yes, his hair caught on fire
    #5 I loved the Falls. The Canadian side is so interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family and I visited Niagara Falls when I was wee little (60s). It was interesting.
    Yes, Michael Jackson set his hair on fire. Druggies do that often.
    So sorry about your son. We have a family member that for personal reasons has stopped talking to us too. Sad that it has to be that way.
    I pray your day is beautiful and peaceful! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger has been having issues lately, so it's not just you. I think they made some "improvements." I had never heard of a recovery sandal before. Now I want a pair, but I can't stand the ones that go between your toes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So far I have been able to get rid of the pink when I copy and paste. Whew! Stacy, I enjoyed your answers. Wishing you a blessed Sunday and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you use the little "clear formatting" button on your edit page when creating your post. It is a T with a \ through it up on the top row of editing icons. I just highlight the area I want to clear the format of and it usually does it. I always try to remember to do that when copy and pasting items from other sources. However, blogger hasn't been allowing me to use any different color of fonts in my posts lately. Not sure what that's about. Enjoyed your post. Hope you have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. I had no idea about that button!

      Delete

Saturday 9: Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) In this song, Liza Minnelli acknowledges that she may be "taking a terrible ch...