Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Currently

Is it just me or are the days flying by? We're already a third of the way through July, just about halfway through the summer, and Walmart has the summer stock on sale and the back-to-school supplies are beginning to fill the shelves. Give it another two or three weeks and the Halloween decorations will be making an appearance. But more than anything, this summer seems to be driving home the fact that I'm now the older generation as I watch our daughter and the grandchildren run here and there with friends and other family. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was the young mom (even younger than our daughter) who was busy, busy, busy. 

As Kenny Chesney sang...



Okay, shedding my funk and moving on.

The weather... is a comfortable 72 degrees after reaching a high of 95 this afternoon. The remnants of Hurricane Beryl brought us overcast skies and a lot of wind that will be with us for at least part of the night. The rain stayed to the north. Not really a good thing. We need rain. A good, long, soaking rain. Tomorrow, at least, will be a bit of a break from the unusually hot weather before the mercury climbs right back up there on Friday.

Watching... the unfortunate **** show this election cycle has become. That these two are all we can come up with doesn't speak well for the future of this country. I'd stop watching, but I can't. I've always been interested in politics. I ran for campus offices in college and was working on a minor in political science.

Reading... fun and easy mysteries, one after the other, like potato chips.

Feeling... confident in my own skin and my abilities. Lately my attitude has been one of "I've got this." I'm still doing my best with the healthier diet and being more active, but less junk in my diet has meant I have less inflammation. That would be a good thing except that now I can feel the bone-on-bone arthritis that was hidden before.

Looking forward... to driving north to visit my biological father on Saturday. Just because of busy schedules it may be the only time I get up there this year before he heads back to Texas in November. We are going to go with him and his wife to Old Settlers Day in Townville, PA. It's just a small town event with music, food, games, tractor pulls, etc. They like to go and we can avoid eating my father's (not so great) cooking.

Also to our new mattress being delivered next Saturday. Yes, I finally got my long-complaining husband to go mattress shopping and he actually tried them out for once. We ended up buying a Sealy hybrid and an adjustable frame. Have you ever slept in a bed with a zero gravity setting? Oh my word, was that setting comfy. I can't wait!

Thinking... about all we have to do out in the yard since our daughter has invited everyone to a birthday party for our granddaughter that will be in our yard and my mom's yard at the end of the month. With busy jobs, super hot weather, and Tim's health issues yardwork has been minimal this summer.

Having fun... playing with the new AI image generator on Facebook. Check me out!





Giggling at...




















5 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, the jokes are always funny! I am glad you got a good mattress. Sleeping is hard for me now days and I do have a nice mattress. I never liked politics and I limit the news. God is in control, and I trust in Him. Time goes by way to fast now, and I have to make the most of it. I am glad you are going to see your biological father. I haven't tried those AI pictures yet.
    Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jokes at the end. Those are all great. I love the dinosaur one...big boys will always be little boys in their minds...(and sometimes in their actions too! LOL) I'm glad to hear you are going to get to see your bio. Dad . Sounds like a lovely day! I love your AI photos. I haven't tried that yet. Everyone's look so young and pretty...I'm afraid of what mine might look like. LOL. Hope you enjoy your new mattress! Sounds divine! Take care and don't overdo it on the yardwork. Maybe the "kids" should do that for you since it was their idea to have the party in your yard????? Sounds like a good idea to me! LOL. But if you just cover it up with party games and decorations, etc., no one will be looking at the yard anyway. The kids will be running everywhere and having fun, and that's what it's all about. So don't stress yourself over it. Just go with the flow. (easy for me to say, it's not my yard! LOL. ) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good memes at the end, Stacy!! I might steal a couple of them!! I tried that AI photo thing and looked like my Granny. Nope. Not doing it again!! LOL No one at that birthday party is going to care about a yard that isn't magazine worthy... just have fun and enjoy the celebration!! Love ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy! I love the AI generated you! Glad to hear that you have been able to stick to your healthy eating plan. I love the funnies at the end of this post. I hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the pleasure of working closely with Mr Pedro for several years as business partners. During the time that Pedro and his loan company team served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above our goal, and this can only be attributable to Mr Pedro's hard work. I appreciate your hard work and also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan of any kind, contact Mr Pedro on.... pedroloanss@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +393510140339 Mr Pedro is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.
    Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond work and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.

    ReplyDelete

Currently

I am... Reading: Arkangel  by James Rollins. Thrills and fast-paced action at it's finest. Rollins' tales never give you a moment t...