Wednesday, August 14, 2024

August Happiness Challenge, Days 12, 13 & 14

Here I am playing catch-up once again. August seems to be a busy month...or at least this week is.


Day 12
 was our daughters first day on a new caregiving job. After work I went grocery shopping with her and the kiddos then kept the kids while she went back for the evening hours. Tim got home earlier than usual and we had the kids until 9:30. Colt helped Pappy change the oil in his truck and they had supper and played outside until dark. They were good as gold and we loved every minute of our time with them.

Monday was also Tim's eldest sister's 70th birthday. She is the one that was in the terrible accident last Friday. There wasn't a celebration, but we are all very happy she was still around to mark the day.

Day 13 wasn't very eventful, but a moment at the end of my work day made me smile. The young autistic guy I've talked about suddenly yelled my name out of the blue (I wasn't even working with him yesterday). When I asked him "what?" He yelled, "I love you!" Awww...

I was also happy to finally get a call late last evening to let us know Tim's sister was finally out of surgery and it had gone well. She has several plates and pins holding her pelvis together and a long road ahead, but she is still here and she is a fighter. She has already beaten a stroke and breast cancer.

Day 14 was a good day. I am off work tomorrow for my birthday so my coworkers blessed me with cupcakes and gifts today. Today was also the birthday of a client I connected with right from the beginning. She is one year and one day older than me and she grew up in New Mexico, a place dear to my heart. She is declining rather rapidly these days and it breaks my heart. Today I gave her a necklace of mine made of turquoise beads and silver to remind her of New Mexico and me. It made her cry and she showed it to everyone all day long. 

So, those are some happy moments from this week. Tomorrow should be filled to overflowing with happy moments. I can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. Aww--I love these simple, happy moments. And Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these simple happiness. I hope you have a wonderful happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things shared here, Stacy! Happy birthday, as well!! So happy to hear about Tim's sister's successful surgery. Please keep us posted. My prayers will continue. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet about the necklace for that dear woman. That was a real birthday present for you in many ways. Praying for your sister in law to continue to heal and get stronger. That was a terrible accident, but yes, God still has a plan for her life as she is still with you all. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so very much happiness here! Mostly I'm happy for your family that they're able to celebrate you AND your sister-in-law. Happy bday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy moments indeed. I'm glad your sister-in-law is doing better.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 9: Minute by Minute

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it  here . 1) It's easier to keep track of the minutes if your timepiece has a second hand. A...